Sunday 3 January 2016

December reads

Hello!
Here are some books I read this December. I didn't read a lot of books. I don't  know why but in the holidays I always want to read a lot but... when the holiday is over I read about a quarter of what I actually wanted to read. Anyways here are the books I read.
Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows
Currently I'm reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I just love the Harry potter books and that's why I decided to reread this one. A few days ago, I had a Harry potter movie  marathon and now I'm totally back into the world of Harry Potter. What I really like about this book, is that you really see how the politics in this world work and how corrupt they can be. If you haven't read this book yet, read it because it's amazing. As well as all the other harry Potter books of course. :)

A Thousand Pieces Of You
I know they say never judge a book by it's cover, but I  must admit that's why I picked this one up. Because. Look. How. Beautiful. It. Is. But when I read what it was about and I wanted to read it even more.
It's about a girl called Marguerite. Her parents are famous scientists, because they invented the Firebird. This invention gives you the possibility to travel between dimensions. When Marguerite's dad is killed, and all the tracks of the murder lead to their assistant Paul, Marguerite wants revenge. But Paul dissapeared into another dimension. Together with Theo, her parents other assistant, she travels after him. Shall she get her revenge?
Sounds awesome, right? Probably it's no surprise I had pretty high expectations of this book. But I was a bit dissapointed actually. Not the plot, because that was still amazing, but the characters. They felt kind of flat for me. I also missed a bit of humor in this book, and I understand there's not so much to laugh about when your father just died. But the problem was I didn't felt her loss either. That's why i didn't enjoy this book as much as I hoped I would, but I still really liked. I'm going pick up the second book soon!

Since you've Been Gone
I absolutely loved this book. The characters were so cute and I actually cried at the end, not that it has a sad ending! It was more like a happy cry, does that makes sense?
This story is about two best friends, Sloane and Emily. Emily is kind of the shy girl while Sloane is almost the opposite of her. They always do everything together, but suddenly Sloane disappears. The only thing she leaves Emily is a list of things she has to do. Emily hopes that if she does those things, she will find Sloane back. Even though those things are really scary. Things like: kiss a stranger.
What I loved was there was so much character building in this book! What I also really liked was that further in the book you realize that not all the characters in this book are as perfect as they always looked. Even though I read this book in winter, it actually is a typical summer read.

When I finish Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, I want to pick up Eleanor & Park because I heard so many great things about it.
Do you maybe have some recommendations? I would love to hear them!
x Senne

No comments:

Post a Comment